At Servco, we’re committed to providing valuable mobility solutions to empower people through the freedom of movement and opportunity. From Australia to California, and of course, Hawaii, Team Servco is a collective of over 2,000 like-minded individuals guided by our four Core Values of Respect, Service, Teamwork, and Innovation. For over 100 years, we have been dedicated to superior service, to both our customers and team members. We look forward to helping you create Life:Moments that matter to you.
Servco is looking for a Senior Accountant to be a part of our Accounting & Financial Services General Accounting team. This person will lead and assist with special projects to implement best practice plans to improve effectiveness and efficiency of accounting transactional processing and general ledger activities, while ensuring compliance to policy and ensure effective internal controls are in place to safeguard assets and prevent frauds. Area of responsibilities in General Accounting include Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Investments, Warranty, Accruals, General Excise Tax and Other Liabilities, and Equity Accounts.
- Work within Accounting & Financial Services (“AFS”) team and collaborate with business units to properly record financial operational transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policy, and to complete period closing process within established timelines and materiality limits.
- Work with AFS team to complete assigned G/L account reconciliations with discrepancies, outstanding items resolved in timely and accurate manner.
- Research accounting standards and provide guidance to determine proper accounting treatment and calculation of transactions.
- Oversee and responsible for accounting processes related to fixed assets, investments, prepaid assets, debt, leases, expense allocations and other areas as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Perform project analysis, develop and implement procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency as assigned.
- Provide supervision, work review, training, development to assigned staff.
- Assist in completing external and internal audits and special projects reviews.
- Provide support services to internal and external customers.
- Responsibilities may shift from time to time based on the changing needs of the AFS team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum three years of senior accountant level work experience with general ledger accounting, period closing, estimates and reserves calculation, account reconciliation, analysis, and financial reporting
- Diversified and industry experience in retail, manufacturing and automotive and/or work experience with a Big-4 national CPA firm preferred
- CPA preferred
- Able to research, interpret and apply technical accounting (U.S. GAAP) guidances
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Oracle Financial Cloud and DealerTrack knowledge preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, independent thinker, and problem solver
- Big picture person who is self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Team player, collaborator, and process improver
- Lifelong learner who is detail oriented
- Anticipates and identifies impact to other functions of the organization
Visit www.servco.com/careers to apply online or email us at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace